Will Laughing Really Improve Your Health?
One of the best feelings we get is sharing a laugh with people around us. We all have heard that laughter is the best medicine. Why is that? This saying actually does have a lot of scientific proof behind it. Laughter stimulates our bodies to create many positive reactions towards our health. Let’s take a look at 5 things that laughter does for our body:
- Releases endorphins which are chemicals in our bodies that promotes a “feel good” sensation.
- It releases tension in your body, allowing your overall muscles to relax. Laughter aids your physical and emotional stress.
- Live longer. A study in Norway showed that people who had a strong sense of humour actually lived longer. You may wonder why people who are happier tend to live longer, yet this is really no surprise as stress is one of the top causes to many disease. Laughter counters that!
- Gives a good cardio and ab workout. Hmm that may sound too good to be true, and of course it won’t burn as much as hitting the gym, but when you get your heart pumping, it actually burns some calories too - not to mention your abs hurting from laughing too much!
- Boosts your immune system! I bet you didn’t know that laughter increases your immune cells. Laughing actually activates T-cells in your body which fight off your sickness. So next time you feel the flu coming, laugh it off - literally!