5 Foods I Eat to Age Slower and Live Longer
Ever wondered if you could slow down your ageing process? First we need to understand our body’s ageing process. Have you heard of free radicals? Free radicals are imbalanced molecules in our body which have a missing electron. They attack the healthy cells in our body to try to steal an electron. As this chain reaction happens, your body starts to age! So in short, the more free radicals (unstable molecules) the faster you age. So what fights free radicals? Antioxidants! Here’s my little chemistry lesson for you. Following are 8 foods that are full of antioxidants :)
- Acai berries - Acai berries are the highest antioxidant food on the ORAC score. This Brazilian berry is 90% seed, hence why it is always in powder or liquid form. It needs to be pulverised so that we can consume the whole fruit to have maximum benefits. The interesting thing about this berry is that within 2-3 days after it is picked, it starts to lose it’s benefits. It needs to be freeze dried to maintain its full benefits.
- Goji berries - Also known as wolf berries, are well known long in asian history for it’s anti ageing benefits. In ancient China, Kings would use it as a major part of their diet because they wanted to live longer.
- Blueberries - You may be thinking, no wonder blueberries are quite expensive. They are really high in antioxidants and taste amazing too. Sometimes I wonder if healthy food can really taste that great ;)
- Dark Chocolate - Yep that’s right! Having some dark chocolate in our diet can help you live longer. Almost sounds too good to be true!
- Clove - Cloves are flower buds of a tree used as a spice. They are native to the Maluku Islands in Indonesia. It can be used in sweet dishes with apples or plums or in savoury dishes (goes well with beef!).