My 7 Tips To Get A Good Night Sleep
I've always struggled to have a good night sleep. From as long as I remembered, I would have nightmares almost every night or wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes it might not even be nightmares but the fact that I felt unrested even after 9-10 hours of sleep. Here our my 7 tips which I found useful to get a good night sleep!
- Stick to a schedule. Let your body clock know when you rest and when you wake so that it doesn’t need to constantly adjust to different times.
- Declutter your room. With a messy cluttered room, it is hard for your mind to rest and wind down. Your bedroom should be a place where you can relax your mind.
- Exercising as little as 10 minutes a day can improve the quality of your sleep. For some people, exercising can energise you, so it may be better to do it in the morning but for others, it can exhaust you and help you get even better sleep so exercising at night may be a great option!
- Comfortable bed sheets, pillow and mattresses. This definitely makes a difference in your quality of sleep. Many people prefer soft mattresses but harder mattresses tend to be better for your back. After all, we spend 1/3 of our life in bed so it is worth investing into some good quality mattresses and pillows!
- Avoid eating heavy, spicy or oily foods during the day as this will make it hard for your digestion and more difficult to fall asleep.
- Take time out to wind down especially if you have been out and had a hectic day. Your body needs to adjust from the busyness of life into rest mode. Spend the last hour or two before bedtime to relax. Avoid being on your phone scrolling social media right before bedtime.
- Avoid drinking water 1-2 hours before bedtime. If you drink a lot of water before you sleep, you may need to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet
If you still struggle to sleep at night, please do consult a doctor! Good night ;) xx