Serving size: 2
Cooking Time: 35min
CHICKEN BREAST – 140 GRAMS
MUSHROOM – 1 CUP
BROWN RICE (SHORT-MED GRAIN) – 1/3 CUP RAW
ONION – ½ MEDIUM DICED
SPINACH – 1 CUP
GARLIC – 1 CLOVE MINCED
PARSLEY – 1 SPRIG
THYME LEAVES – 1 TEASPOON
CHICKEN MASSEL – ½ CUBE
LIGHT THICKENED CREAM – 1 TABLESPOON
PARMESAN – 1 TABLESPOON GRATED
OLIVE OIL – ½ TABLESPOON
SALT AND PEPPER
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)
PROTEIN: 44 GRAMS
CARBS: 57.1 GRAMS
FATS: 14.3 GRAMS
- Rinse Rice and Cook in a rice cooker with 1.5 cups of water.
For pan option: Use a nonstick pan and pour rice and water in and bring to boil. Stir once and turn to low heat to simmer with lid on for 15-18 minutes (do not lift the lid up or stir) turn the heat off and leave lid on for 5 minutes to stand.
- Rinse mushrooms in water and place it in a small bowl with boiling water. Cover it and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan add in 1 tablespoon of oil and add diced onion and minced garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Dice the chicken into 1cm cubes. Salt and pepper it and add to the pan. Keep stir frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the water and cut into slices, reserving the soaking water.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with thyme leaves and cook for a few minutes until the mushroom starts to soften.
- Add the cooked rice, ½ cup of the mushroom soaking water and chicken massel cube into the pan. Simmer for around 5 minutes, stirring often until the stock is almost all absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach, light cream and parmesan. Once the spinach has wilted, salt and pepper to taste and top with parsley to serve!